At Rockerbox, we are working to enable companies to better understand
their customers and more efficiently grow their businesses.
Our Core Values
Perks & Benefits
Paid Time Off
Need a break? You decide when and for how long. Enjoy!
Your own Equipment
Get great equipment, right from the get go.
Health, dental and vision. Don't come in if you're sick!
Give Back to Developers
We want to give back to the developer community. Let's make it real!
Come in rested, learn every day and be challenged every day.
Work Hard and Smart
We're building something from nothing. It's hard but brings out the best in you.
Apply using the links below or email your resume to [email protected]
Rockerbox is seeking Account Executives to join our fast growing sales team. There are opportunities available within New York (where the existing sales team is) as well as opportunities to launch Rockerbox in new regions (i.e. Chicago, Los Angeles, Dallas and Atlanta). This person will be responsible for hunting new accounts, growing agency relationships, and contributing to bottom line revenue. If you’re a highly motivated, self-starter who is excited with the prospect of growing a company in a dynamic and fast paced environment we want to talk to you.
What you'll do
- Identify, qualify, and close new business opportunities from assigned list of accounts
- Respond to RFPs from existing and potential clients
- Meet and exceed aggressive quarterly revenue goals
- Manage pipeline with CRM tools for maximum efficiency and visibility
- Establish and manage relationships with senior marketing, advertising and executive level contacts within client and agency organizations
- Work strategically across the company and collaborate with account management, media trading, and product teams
What you bring
- 2-4 years of online ad sales / business development / strategic media buying experience. Experience in selling targeting solutions preferred.
- A positive and energetic attitude
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment with an ability to adapt to ever-changing environments.
- Experience in prospecting for new business and comfort in presenting to senior level contacts
- Excellent organizational & interpersonal communication (written & verbal skills)
Have a passion for customer success? Does improving how Rockerbox onboards, communicates and grows client relationships excite you? Join Rockerbox's growing Account Management team and ensure that all Rockerbox clients are successful.
- Work with sales and clients from day one to ensure Rockerbox understands the goals of potential new campaigns by assisting them through the pre-sales process
- Onboard new clients while also improving the ways that Rockerbox onboards new clients
- Anticipating client needs, proactively
- Frequently present back to clients the work Rockerbox has executed and explain the performance we're driving for them
- Organizing client priorities and asks to ensure all client concerns are addressed in a timely manner
- Being a source of knowledge for our clients, becoming the expert
- Create and present post campaign wrap-ups for clients
- Grow client relationships -- upselling existing services and presenting new opportunities to work together and/or providing exceptional service and insight to ensure retention
- Actively builds long-term relationships with client partners
- Bringing back feedback from clients that'll help Rockerbox continue to push out great new product (we love new ideas!)
Who are we looking for?
- Self starter and motivated to go beyond a given project scope
- Knowledgeable on ad tech....or not, but looking to learn!
- Ability to work in Excel (pivot table fun) and PowerPoint
- Comfortable with math (to tell the story of Rockerbox campaigns)
- Comfortable presenting in front of small and large groups
- Fun, positive attitude, personable and excited to work with a close-knit team
- 1-3 years experience in an advertising agency role or media professional role is a plus, but not a requirement
Rockerbox is looking to add an API engineer who is responsible for building and maintaining our internal and customer facing APIs. This engineering will work closely with the UI/UX team to build and optimize APIs for performance as well as our database team to interface with data from a multitude of sources.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience / training.
- Strong coding abilities, preferably in multiple languages on UNIX systems (Python experience a huge plus!)
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Strong desire to learn about new technologies and systems.
Tools we like
- Python (tornado, twisted, pandas)
- Spark-sql (Hive)
Distributed Data Systems Engineer
Rockerbox is looking for engineers interested in tackling the problems of building large-scale, distributed- and stream-based processing systems.
As a Distributed Systems Engineer, you'll work on
- Building fault-tolerant micro-services
- Enhancing a low-latency decisioning engine responsible for complex predictive behaviour (at thousands of requests per second)
- A streaming data pipeline processing billions of daily events
Let's talk if...
- You have experience with working on distributed JVM-based systems.
- You have experience with Spark and/or Spark Streaming or similar stream-- based processing systems.
- You have experience with Hadoop-based pipelines.
Front End Engineer
- Create interactive data visualizations using D3/SVG/Canvas
- Analyze and optimize app performance
- Resolve UI bugs, ensure scalability, and eradicate security vulnerabilities
- You love to develop software
- Comfortable working independently or within a small team
- Familiar with web application frameworks such as Backbone, Angular, Ember, - React andunderstand good UI design
- Eager to learn and use new technologies and libraries
Do you love data? Testing hypotheses? Taking action on your results?
Optimization Analysts are responsible for launching and optimizing online marketing campaigns on behalf of Rockerbox’s clients. During a campaign, Optimization Analysts continually test hypotheses and use results to fine-tune campaign parameters.
An ideal candidate is highly analytical, extremely organized, and loves to dive into problems. We’re looking for someone who can go beyond analyzing data--an ideal candidate is able to construct tests, analyze results, and contribute to the continual improvement of the team’s tools and processes. We want analysts that can see the big picture and follow through on their ideas to create a better optimization system for our campaigns.
As an Optimization Analyst, you’ll be a part of a tech-focused team. This means that prior coding experience is a big plus, as is proven success in solving problems involving real-world data. You don’t have to be an expert--we’re more interested in your ability to pick up new skills and apply them to solving problems.
- Set up, execute, and continually optimize online advertising campaigns
- Run analyses on advertising performance data
- Contribute to the creation and improvement of tools and products
- Work across teams to plan improvements to tools
- Bachelor’s degree
- Great quantitative and analytical skills
- Highly organized & pays attention to details
- Self-motivated go-getter
- Coding experience or interest in learning to code
- Ability to plan and execute short-term and long-term projects
- Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) mindset
- Experience with statistics
- Python, R, or SQL knowledge
- Big data or machine learning experience
Are you a great fit for Rockerbox? Do none of the roles above match exactly what you're looking for? Reach out anyways!